Психологиялық хал-ахуалды қалыптастыру. Шаттық шеңбер.
Білім алушылар бір-бірімен ағылшын тілінде сәлемдеседі,шаттық шеңберде бір-біріне тілектер тілейді, кезекші тұрып,сыныпта кім жоқ екенін анықтайды.
ІІ. Үй тапсырмасын тексеру: топик оқу
ІІІ. Жаңа тақырыпты түсіндіру
The topic of our today’s lesson «Australia. Geographical position. Population. Types of complex sentences»
IV. Жаңа тақырыпты бекіту
«Brainstorming» Puzzle елге қатысты құрастыру. Kangaroo and Emu
Australia-official name Commonwealth of Australia . Total area – 7.700.000 sq.km Population – 22 million people. Head of the state-Queen Elisabeth represented by Governor-General Form of the government-federal parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy National holiday-Australian Day,16 January National symbols-Kangaroo and Emu National Anthem- “Walzing Matilda” Capital city – Canberra Official language – English. Population – 22 million people. Money – Australian dollar Fact file Captain James Cook discovered Australia(1770) and claimed for Britain. Language The official language is British English.
1. The Commonwealth of Australia is situated in the south-west of the Pacific Ocean, occupying the continent of Australia and a great number of islands of which Tasmania is the most important. Australia is a continent-island washed by the Indian and the Pacific Oceans.
2. The country consists of 6 (six) states and 2 (two) territories. 22 million people live in Australia. The capital is Canberra. The official language is English. There are 5 (five) big cities in Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane. These cities are also the country's main ports.
3. The Commonwealth of Australia is a self-governing federal state. Formally the head of the state is the king or queen of England represented by the Governor-General. The Federal Parliament consists of the Senate and the House of Representatives. The federal government of the country is headed by the Prime Minister.
4. Australia has several different climatic regions, from warm to subtropical and tropical. The winds from the sea bring heavy rain falls, especially in tropical summer. The climate in the west is very dry and more than half of Australia gets very little rain. In the south-west and east the winds bring rain in winter.
5. Australia is rich in minerals, which are mined in different parts of the country. Australia is an important producer and exporter of primary products: wool, meat, sugar, coal, iron, copper, lead, gold and so on. Agriculture is the main occupation in the country. Wheat is grown in the south.
History of Australia.
The east coast of Australia was discovered by Captain James Cook in 1770. It was used as a colony for convicts. The early settlers were very cruel to the aborigines. The discovery of gold in 1851 brought many people to Australia. At the end of the 19th century, the Australian colonies began to discuss some form of union. They formed a federation. The new constitution was introduced on January 1, 1901; and the birth of the new nation was celebrated.
Retelling the text, using the method “Snowball”. Мәтінді «Қар» деп аталатын әдіс арқылы қайта жазу.
1. The east coast of Australia was discovered…
2. It was used as…
3. The early settlers were…
4. The discovery of gold…
5. At the end of the 19th century…
6. They formed…
7. The new constitution was introduced…
8. And the birth of the new nation…
Білім алушылар мәтінді оқып,мазмұнымен жұмыс жасайды. Сиқырлы ағаш ойынында оқушылар алманы алып,сұрақпен танысады. Сосын оған жауап береді де,алманы өзіне алады.
1. When is Australia Day? ( January 26th)
2. What is the national symbol of Australia? ( Kangaroo)
3. What language do Australians speak? ( English)
4. Who were the first settlers in Australia? ( English prisoners)
5. When do the Australians celebrate New Years and Christmas? (in summer)
6. What is the capital of Australia? ( Canberra)
7. What is the oldest city in Australia? ( Sidney)
8. Who discovered Australia? ( James Cook)
This method is named «Complete the sentence». Complete the sentence about Australia.
Geographical location: … south of Asia, between … and … Oceans. …in the southern hemisphere.
Total area: … square kelometres.
Principal industries: … wool, metals and mineral producer.
Head of State …
The official language:
Agree or disagree
The population of Australia is 26 mln. people. (disagree, about 22 mln)
Most of the inhabitants of Australia are of the British origin. (disagree, the Dutch were the first to visit Australia)
The Commonwealth of Australia is a Socialist state.(disagree a federative state)
The King of France is the head of the country. (disagree, the British Queen)
Australia consists of 6 states and 2 territories. (agree)
The national language is French. (disagree, English)
The whole central part of the country is wet. ( disagree, dry, it never rains)
Sydney is the oldest and largest city in Australia. (agree)
1. There are five big cities in Australia… (Sidney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth).
2. Sydney is the leading…( industrial city with the population of about 3,000,000 people).
3. There are two … (hot deserts in the central and western parts of the continent the Great Sandy Desert, the Great Victoria Desert).
4. Australia lies…( between the South Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean)
5. The official name of Australia is… (Commonwealth of Australia)
6. Australia is one … (of the world’s developed countries).
Лотоға түскен сандарға байланысты сұрақтар беру. Мысалы: 10 - сұрақ.
Алдымен білім алушыларға жауап бергізіп, соңынан дайын жауапты ашу, салыстыру.
1. What is the official name of Australia? The Commonwealth of Australia. 2. How many stars are on the national flag of Australia? Australian national flag consists of five white stars of the Southern Cross and the white Commonwealth star. 3. What area has Australia? About 7.700.000 square kilometers. 4. What is the capital of Australia? Canberra. 5. In what hemisphere is Australia situated? The South hemisphere. 6. What is the population of Australia? About 22 million people. 7. What are the biggest cities in Australia? Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane. 8. Which two animals can you see on the Australian coat of arms? Kangaroo and Emu. 9. What agricultural product is Australia famous for? Australia is famous for sheep. 10. What are the longest rivers? The Murray and the Darling. Постер қорғау ортасына жазу Австралия деп жан-жағына мәлімет жазу.
The 5th contest is “True or false’’. Read and translate the sentences, true or false. 1. Australia is the largest continent in the world. (False) 2. Australia is situated in the Southern Hemisphere. (True) 3. Vast areas of desert cover most of Central and Western Australia. (True) 4. The official name of the country is the Commonwealth of Australia. (True) 5. There are 6 states in Australia. (True) 6. Tasmania’s an island state. (True) 7. Australia is washed by the waters of three oceans. (False) 8. Most people live in the north of the country. (False)
Game is called “Simon says”
Бұл ойында оқушы Австралияға байланысты сөздерді мұғалім айтса шапалақ ұрады, егер айтылатын сөз оған қатысты болмаса аяқтарын тарсылдатады.
Let’s play the game. «Hot chair» Who wants to sit this «Hot chair»
Әр топтан бір оқушы шығып, орындыққа отырады, қалған оқушылар оған сабаққа қатысты сұрақтар қояды.